Cornwall – Frequently Asked Questions
Top Ten Questions Asked
1. Is the beach within walking distance?
Yes. It’s only about 200 yards to Porth’s sandy beach. There’s a private path from the hotel grounds down to the beach.
2. How long does it take to walk into Newquay?
It’s just over a mile into Newquay town centre and takes approximately 20 minutes.
3. When is the swimming pool open?
The pool is heated and open 1 April – 31 October, 8:30am – 6:30pm.
4. Is there a lifeguard on duty?
No, we do not have a lifeguard for the swimming pool.
5. How many floors does the hotel have and is there a lift?
The hotel has three floors – ground level for the bar, breakfast restaurant, and conservatory; first and second floors for the bedrooms. There is no lift in the hotel.
6. Do you have any disabled-friendly rooms?
Unfortunately, we do not and all hotel bedrooms are on the first and second floors. We do have one apartment at Porth Veor suitable for guests with severe walking difficulties. This, however, does not have any disabled-friendly features. Please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail.
7. Do you accept children?
Yes, all children are most welcome but we have few facilities for children. We have the outdoor pool open April – October and we have gardens.
8. Do you offer laundry facilities?
Yes. We have a laundry on-site and there is a charge for this service. However, it closed temporarily post-Covid. As of August 2022 it has not reopened due to housekeeping pressures. Please enquire on 01637 873274 for the current position if the laundry facility is important to you. In each room there is an iron and ironing board.
9. What time does the bar close?
Usually 23:00 hours, but if the hotel is quiet the bar may close a little earlier.
10. Do you provide a hairdryer in the bedrooms?
Yes, we do.