Cornwall – Frequently Asked Questions
Top Ten Questions Asked
1. Is the beach within walking distance?
Yes. It’s only about 200 yards to Porth’s sandy beach. There’s a private path from the hotel grounds down to the beach.
2. How long does it take to walk into Newquay?
It’s just over a mile into Newquay town centre and takes approximately 20 minutes.
3. When is the swimming pool open?
The pool is heated and open 1 April – 31 October. The daily hours are 9:00 – 19:30.
4. How many floors does the hotel have and is there a lift?
The hotel has three floors – ground level for the bar, restaurant and conservatory; first and second floors for the bedrooms. There is no lift in the hotel.
5. Do you have any disabled friendly rooms?
Unfortunately we do not as all hotel bedrooms are on the first and second floors. We do have one apartment at Porth Veor suitable for guests with severe walking difficulties, however this does not have any disabled friendly features. Please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail.
6. Do you accept children?
Children 2 – 14 years are most welcome. We regret to advise that under 2s are not accepted.
7. Do you offer laundry facilities?
Yes. We have a laundry on-site and there is a charge for this service. In each room there is an iron and ironing board.
8. What time does the bar close?
9. Do we need to pre-book for dinner?
Booking in advance is recommended as the restaurant can get busy at peak times. Dinner reservations are from 17:30 with last orders at 20:30. Families with children and welcome to dine at the earlier sittings from 17:30 with last orders at 18:45.
10. Do you provide a hairdryer in the bedrooms?
Yes we do