Reviews from past guests
What you have said about your stay
- Visiting Porth Veor Manor Hotel in Porth, followed by walks to the fantastic Porth beach & headlands and Newquay beaches, including Fistral. A visit to Cornwall in the sunny weather (even in March) is well worth the travel, when you have Porth (5 mins walk), Newquay, Perranporth and other great beaches to visit. Lovely hotel with great dining in the Beaucliffes restaurant, friendly staff with a warm welcome, nice and tidy rooms and great surrounding area.
- John Holden – March 2017
- Went to this hotel for my grandson’s wedding. Everything was perfect – reception, rooms, food excellent. Couldn’t have been any better. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to anyone for a perfect venue.
- Mary Clements – October 2016
- Faultless. Loved it here. Staff were great too. Breakfast was yummy.
- Shane Martin – September 2016
- The apartment was clean and well equipped, breakfast was great. Thank you to all the staff.
- John Chocholski – August 2016
- Booked into Porth Veor on our 3rd visit now. Stayed in the 3 bed villa for 11 nights. Accommodation spotless. We were well looked after by Jamie the manager.
Staff very friendly. Ate in the restaurant food was well priced. Steak was to die for. Cooked breakfast in the morning was cooked fresh to order put on a few pounds.
But hey ho it’s a holiday. Can’t praise this place highly enough. Would recommend to anyone. Already booked for a fortnight next yr.
Thank you Jamie and all your staff.
- A & K – August 2016
- Lovely hotel, views of the beach & sea magnificent and food excellent. All round great place.
- Janet Strang – July 2016
- The staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times, the food and service was excellent, the accommodation was excellent would recommend. The views were very good not far to walk to the beach and the mermaid pub which is situated near the beach and does food,there is a Tesco with cashpoint within walking distance.
- Alan M – July 2016
- Have just spent 4 fabulous days here. Villa was superb, beds comfortable, kitchen well equipped but best of all was the wonderful pool which was just like getting into a warm bath!!! Amazing place.
- Glennis Griffiths – June 2016
- Porth Manor hotel, overlooks the beautiful Porth bay. It oozes holiday perfection. No lift so that could be a problem, but this is a lovely hotel. A ten minute walk takes you the bay. Uphill going back but the walk is well worth it. The walk can be extended to make it to Porth Island. The bus route passes the hotel on its way to Padstein (actually Padstow) where Rick Stein has his restaurants. Padstow is a must see place.
- Ron B – June 2016
- Very nice hotel in a great location with views overlooking the beach from the restaurant and some rooms. The restaurant is very good, we enjoyed the dinners and breakfasts, and the hotel staff were excellent.
- Mark B – June 2016
- We’ve just returned from a short B&B break in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All the staff we had contact with were excellent , including the housekeeping staff that we saw, always with a pleasant smile and greeting.
Breakfast was very good as was the evening meal we had in the restaurant – those hand-cut chips are great!
Thanks to all.
- Lucilla Dale – May 2016
- We stayed in one of the apartments so can’t comment much on the hotel except for one great meal – good food with a fantastic view. The set up with the pool surrounded by places to sit was ideal for what we wanted.
- Cuomo-UK – May 2016
- I would definitely recommend to everybody the staff so polite the villas in good clean state on arrival the pool was left open till late just felt so welcomed.
- Desii-Fly Chiick – April 2016
- Was so surprised with the accommodation (The Beach House Apartments) on the seafront, was well equipped, clean and of good quality everything was perfect even the weather. Thank you for a wonderful stay and would highly recommend to all my family and friends such a well appointed apartment.
Room Tip: Beach House Apartment no 8 highly recommend but has no sea view.
- Ann D – April 2016
- We stayed at this apartment (The Beach House Apartment 11) for 4 nights, there were 3 adults. The apartment is in a lovely location, just over the road from the sea however the apartment is not facing the sea but if you look out of the 2nd bedroom loft window the sea and beach can be seen.The apartment was on the second floor but there is a lift or stairs to reach it; the apartment itself is gorgeous, it was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. It was very accommodating to meet all your self-catering needs the only thing you need is food, washing-up liquid, toiletries and wash powder.There is even Wi-Fi with the passcode in your welcome pack which you get when you collect your keys.
We would not hesitate to recommend this apartment and will be staying again as it is in a perfect place to explore beautiful Cornwall.
- K Wade – September 2015
- I am writing to thank you for the free prize of a stay in Cornwall. My Mother and I had the most wonderful time! Thank you again.
- Jan Richardson – September 2015