Porth Cottage in Porth, Cornwall
1 double & 1 twin
sleeps max 4
Can be booked with Studio Annexe
Access to hotel, bar, restaurant & pool
100 yards to the beach
Charming Cornish Cottage in Porth
Porth Cottage is a quaint and charming 18th century cottage dating back to around 1700. It was originally built of cob and over the centuries has been home to many a local fisherman and his family. It has been refurbished with all the modern essentials whilst still oozing charm and character from a bygone era with its oak-beamed ceilings and other traditional features.
Situated just 100 yards from Porth beach and adjacent to the grounds of Porth Veor Manor, through which there is also a private footpath with direct access to the sandy beach, Porth Cottage makes an ideal base and accommodates up to 4 persons. For larger parties however, Porth Cottage can be booked in conjunction with the adjacent Porth Cottage Studio Annexe for a combined maximum occupancy of 6 persons plus one child.
The main cottage features
- One double bedroom plus one twin
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower attachment and toilet
- Lounge with TV & plus small annexe lounge – a ‘snug’ room with wood burner
- Kitchen/diner which leads out into the garden and patio area
- Kitchen comprises of electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and a full range of crockery and cutlery
- A small utility room with washing machine and dryer plus separate toilet
- Heated throughout, smoke alarm system
- All bedding, made up for your arrival comprises pillows, duvet and linen
- All towels and tea towels provided for internal use
- Small patio garden with patio furniture
Good to know
- Check-in is at the adjacent Porth Veor Manor Hotel, just 75 yards away
- Check-in from 4pm. Check out by 10am
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to heated swimming pool (Apr – Oct)
- Newquay Airport 4 miles away
- One private parking space with additional parking in the hotel car park
Porth Cottage self-catering tariff
Prices are £ per unit. Minimum duration usually 3 nights.
Prices include all bedding made up for your arrival, all towels and tea towels for villa/apartment use plus all electric and gas.
2017/2018 prices in £ per 2 bedroom cottage
|Duration||Per night||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
|22 Sep – 19 Oct||140||420||420||630|
|20 Oct – 28 Oct||160||480||480||695|
|29 Oct – 22 Dec||125||375||375||500|
|23 Dec – 1 Jan 2018||Festive Prices|
|2 Jan – 28 Mar||125||375||375||500|
|29 Mar – 13 Apr||165||495||495||695|
|14 Apr – 24 May||140||420||420||630|
|25 May – 2 Jun||205||615||615||975|
|3 Jun – 22 Jun||165||495||495||765|
|23 Jun – 5 Jul||190||570||570||875|
|6 Jul – 19 Jul||220||660||660||995|
|20 Jul – 17 Aug||270||810||810||1350|
|18 Aug – 27 Aug||260||780||780||1300|
|28 Aug – 20 Sep||175||525||525||795|
|21 Sep – 18 Oct||140||420||420||630|
|19 Oct – 31 Oct||170||510||510||695|
|1 Nov – 22 Dec||125||375||375||500|
|23 Dec – 1 Jan 2019||Festive Prices|
Stay 4 nights for the price of 3! Stay 7 nights and enjoy 2 - 3 FREE nights!
Reduction already reflected in price grid shown.
Winter Long Stays
Every 3rd week FREE from 23 Nov to 17 Mar 2017
(excluding Christmas and New Year).
This offer is not bookable online. Phone 01637 873274 to book.
Need extra accommodation?
Porth Cottage Studio Annexe is situated immediately opposite Porth Cottage and accommodates up to 2 adults and 1 child. It is self-contained but can be booked at special reduced rates in conjunction with the cottage, thereby making it ideal for larger families.
When booked for the same dates/duration as Porth Cottage, a supplement for the studio annexe of £60 for 3 or 4 nights duration or a supplement of £90 per week should be applied – to be added to the Porth Cottage price as shown. Bookings for both properties would need to be confirmed by phone.
Restaurant, bar & pool on your doorstep
Our hotel facilities at Best Western Porth Veor Manor, just 75 yards away, are available to Porth Cottage guests. These include the bar, Beaucliffes Restaurant and conservatory, plus the gardens and heated swimming pool (usually open Apr to Oct).
All Porth Cottage guests qualify for our special dining offer at Beaucliffes, where you can save at least 20%.
Please note the hotel is closed for maintenance on selected dates between mid December and early February. Please check for details.
How to find us
Go to satellite map and directions.